Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Taken Away - Was It The End?

A few years later, after what seemed a lifetime had passed and the times
of joyful moments and carefree thoughts had faded away...
One night when the sun was almost below the horizon and the moon was starting to rise,
I remember the sound of the slowly ticking clock and the ever darkening white walls as I sat in my room.

It had been a quiet day and I was finishing up my homework.
I was stuck on a math problem which I just couldn't seem to answer.

As I was beginning to figure out the rest of my homework, I heard footsteps outside my door,
followed by sound of a familiar voice calling my name...

He I heard a knock on the door and as I was getting up, Damion walked through the door quickly.
He had just gotten back from Freshmen football tryouts and was still in his workout clothing.
I was concerned because he had a worried look on his face as if something bad was going to happen.

For a moment before he was able to say a word, 
the only thing I could think about was
how we were only a few years apart, 
Iwas eleven years old and he was fourteen, but he looked so much
older than me and had gotten a growth spurt so early in his teen years.
I couldn't help thinking about him because my feelings for him have grown stronger with the years.

And then the silence was gone...

"Jovi, you need to listen to me right now. I have heard talk about plans
to get rid of you or something horrible like that. I really need you to listen to me, okay?"
Damion said to me with fear in his face and the saddest expression I have ever seen on his face.

I stood there with my head down and listened to him.
"Jovi, no matter what they do to you or where they take you, just remember one thing...
I will always be here for you. If you remember where we always go when we want
to be alone, that is where I will be waiting for you," Damion said as he held himself together
and tried not to cry.

"But I might not see you for awhile because they are keeping an eye on me, 
so you must be strong, okay?" he asked me.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was just sitting here
doing my homework and all the sudden I am being told I am being taken away!

I started to freak out and panic. 
"Damion! WHY didn't you tell me before?" I yelled at him.

"Do you think I was keeping this a secret? I JUST FOUND OUT!"
Damion yelled in defense.

"Jovi, stop this nonsense now! I wouldn't betray you and you know it," Damion exclaimed.

Damion held his breath and waited for my response.
Before I could get a word in,
he turned around and told me, "I am not talking to you until I see
that you aren't going to yell anymore."
I was angry, but decided to try and keep my cool.

Suddenly, I burst into tears and couldn't keep my emotions to myself.
"Damion! I LOVE YOU! Don't leave me please!" I begged him.

"Calm down, darling. Breathe, I love you too. It will be okay,"
he reassured me.

Damion knelt down and hugged me.
I grasped onto him tightly and closed my eyes
trying to hold on to the moment as long as I could.

He whispered, "Good-bye love, see you, be strong."
I tried to keep him in my clutches, but he insisted that it was time for him to go.

I watched as he walked out of the room and closed the door.

He was gone...

My worst fears had yet to come,
but eventually as the clock read past ten in the evening...
He came for me...

I grasped onto my last fond memories of this life I had
as he stood in front of me with only the intent of harm...

"YOU PIECE OF CRUDE! I am sick of watching you whine about your needs
and wants as you feed off my wallet. DO YOU EXPECT me to just accept that?"
he yelled at me as I trembled in fear.

"I am done with this! YOU are done here and I am getting rid of you!" he shrieked in disgust.

He flung his arm toward me and I braced for the worst.

I felt a sharp slap across my face, a pain I had never felt before...
I was in shock...
I couldn't believe it...

He hit me and gave me a black eye...
I was in disbelief that a man who never said even a word to me,
all the sudden, out of no where had slapped his hand across my face.
I know we were not on good terms and that he hated children, but
this was just too sudden for me and I couldn't understand it.

And that was the last time...
I had a childhood...
It all fell apart so quickly...

It seemed like everything was over...
I thought I would never see Damion again.
I held on to the last memory of Damion in my mind
as I sat alone in the dark wondering...

What was my life to be like...?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks gals! I appreciate the feedback! Will be posting another one hopefully tomorrow or the next day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the strongest urge to climb into one of those pictures and slap Daron across his ugly mug he calls a face...

    Now, Damion, will we see you again? :)

    A sad, yet great post!

    ReplyDelete