Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Tale Of Love

A couple months later, after Flynn and I moved into a house he bought
just down the street from where I had stayed in the woods. It was a quiet
place still secluded in the forest. I loved the time I spent with him. He made sure
 I had food in my stomach and a warm bed to sleep in every night. I gained weight
and started to fill in my cheeks and had a healthy glow. For the first time in my life,
I had the proper nutrition and diet that an adult woman was supposed to have.

One afternoon, Flynn and I were outside enjoying the late spring breeze.
"Flynn, I know you know this, but I can't stop saying how thankful I am
that you are here with me and how wonderful you are. I love you so much.
For the first time, I truly know what love is. I love being by your side and in
your arms. I can't stop thinking about how I couldn't be without you," I said to him.
"Oh darling, I love you. I will always be here to hold you in my arms,
in times of sadness, in times of happiness, or in times of chaos. I am
here and will be yours forever. Don't you ever worry about being alone
 again, you hear? You shall always be with me. By your side!" he reassured me.

I gazed into the horizon of the low lying sun and combed my fingers
through his soft fine hair and laid my head on his shoulder as he held
me close to him. I wish I could have had that moment last forever...

As I let go of Flynn's shoulders and settled comfortably in his arms
 with my hands wrapped around his neck, he whispered softly in my ear,
"Darling, I have a story for you. Would you like me to tell you?"
I nodded yes and he began his story...


There once was a beautiful cream colored unicorn with a luscious
bright orange mane and a sharp colorful blue-violet and white horn.
Every night she would stand by the edge of the waterfall where
she lived and stare at her reflection in the moon-lite water.
As she stared into the water, she watched her gorgeous glowing fur
as it shimmered and danced on the water. She thought she must
be beautiful, but why hadn't she found true love? She was so lonely.
She just wanted someone to be by her side and to love her for all she was.
Even though she was a unicorn, she wanted someone to love her... 

But one question remained, how?
How could she find love?
The unicorn started to sob and cried out a loud roar. She was so lonely.
She wanted to find her true love. It wasn't fair that she was forced to
 live without the affection and adoration everyone else had.
 As she finished letting out the long and exhausting cry, 
she felt a sudden strong tingling
sensation run over her body..

She suddenly transformed into a unicorn girl...
She bore the horn of a unicorn and the ears of an animal upon her head.
She was a beautiful girl with peach skin and long golden orange and white
hair that laid on her shoulders and fell to her lower back. She smiled as her
bright blue eyes looked at her newly formed body. She was filled with excitement.
However, the transformation wasn't complete...

Before the moon had risen to the highest peak in the sky,
her horn and ears were replaced by a single bluebird who sat upon
 her head and her orange clothing grew into a long sleeved gypsy
outfit complete with orange gloves and a long orange skirt.
She took the name Clara.
Clara the unicorn girl became a legend...
A unicorn who became a human and roamed everywhere during the night to
 find her true love, but at dawn, she became a unicorn again until the following dusk.

"Darling, that story is about us, about our people, about everything!" Flynn said.
"What do you mean? Are we creatures who transform?" I asked him with a confused look.
"Yes, we are, but in time I will reveal to you exactly what we are.
I just don't want to scare you or hurt you, if you are willing, I will show
you a vision of us in the future of how we are. Do you want to see?" he asked.

"Yes, I do want to. Just promise me, you will explain what it is when I see it," I begged.
"Of course, my love! You will know it all," he reassured me.

He grabbed my backside and pulled me in for a kiss and a vision began as we closed our eyes...
At first it was all black, but eventually the scene became clear...
It shocked me at first...

                     Flynn had wings...
                           Great golden feathers flowed from his back...
                                 And whiskers, ears, and a tail...
         I had a beak and feathers sprouting from my face...
I had a set of cat-like ears on my head...
                          and beige wings upon my back and a matching tail...


As the vision disappeared, I heard one word, "Guardian."
When I came to, Flynn was smiling at me as I stared back in a daze.
I was in so much shock that I had passed out after Flynn opened his eyes.
He held onto me with all his might and waited until I woke up.

"What does 'Guardian' mean?" I asked him in confusion.
"We are some of the last Griffins, guardians of the old and mysterious.
You are only part Griffin because your mother is a dragon, thus you
saw the feathers and beak on your face. I am full Griffin because my
parents were direct descendants of one of the first to guard the stories
and knowledge of the past. However, I am not royal as you are...," he explained.

"ROYAL?" I gasped.

"Yes my love! You are from the royal Griffin bloodline! Your father
is a king! That is why you were stolen by Daron! He wanted to stop
the last of the Griffin royal bloodline, but he failed. Don't worry, you
are safe now! That is why Damion is never to be with you, he is only 
on part of the future races, even then he is a centaur... they are not
highly sought after, but highly respected for their intelligence and grace.
BUT a half human, half centaur... it's disgraceful!" Flynn exclaimed.
"Now my darling, are you okay? Do you have any other questions?" he asked.
"When do we transform? Will it hurt? Should I be afraid? I feel scared," I asked.
"Not for sometime, but don't fret, we shall together, relax my sweet...," he replied.

As a faint breeze blew, I saw his eyes glow and mine began to reflect 
a bright blue in his when we stood in each other's presence that afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment