Friday, November 4, 2011

When Will He Decide?

Through out the times in my life where I have been betrayed by the
man who took me into his home and being lied to by the only person I trusted,
I had come to the realization that it was all up to me what my life was going to be like.
After learning about the truth from Damion's dreams, I decided to accept
that he was afraid to admit to such a terrible event, but I knew that I had to
protect my heart from more pain. The consequences of staying beside him were
evidently just going cause more pain, however, I had nothing else to lose.
When a lonely soul has no where to go, sometimes it has to decide to 
endure the worst in order to secure a better future, whether it be for them or not.

Damion was not proud of himself and he was not sure of if he was even
supposed to be there on Earth. He felt as if his existence was useless with
out me, but he did not know how to truly love someone or care for someone
as he never was cared for by anyone. He never had a mother nor a true father.

When his father's fate was met, Damion knew he had removed at least
one or two evils in the world, but he was afraid that something even worse
was going to happen because of this. He had doomed his own life.

In the dream I had where I saw Damion with my child, I saw a pain in
his eyes that I had never seen before. His eyes had turned red from the sickness
that had taken over his face. He was pale and full of fear. I had never seen him this way.

It wasn't until many months later that I finally connected the dots of his
father's death and his future self. By killing, he doomed his own health and
existence. Why would someone do this? It all depends... 
but in his case, he did it for me...
Why?
For my future...

He knew more than he could ever tell me. He was afraid to speak the words
of truth as they would just bring forth the consequences of his actions and 
force him to realize what he was fated to become. He did not want to face the future.

When I was 18 years old, I suffered night and day from the pain of loneliness
and heartbreak. As always, I lived alone in the back woods, hoping that someone
would find me. I waited for either my soul mate or the one I fell in love with.
It was difficult life to live, but I did my best to keep myself together as I awaited my knight in shining armor.

One night when the moon rose over the mountain peak, a tall dark figure
arose from below a distant hill. I watched carefully as the shadows came closer.
I felt the presence of the figure; it was so familiar, I knew who it was.

With open arms and an aching heart, I welcomed Damion back into my life.
I knew he came back for me even though he was uncertain of what to say.

I grasped him close to me as he kissed my forehead.
He whispered to me, "Darling, I am here for now. 
I am sorry that it is this way, but I know you know why."
I just stood still in his arms as he slowly breathed against my cheek.
The breeze blew gently against my hair as the night grew darker.

I gazed into his eyes and my eyes began to glow. Suddenly I was drawn
into him and felt his sadness, happiness, and anxiety. I felt as if he knew
I was there and welcomed me into his mind. He wanted me, he loved me,
but he couldn't figure out how to take the relationship one step forward.
He was caught in a tangle of thoughts and desires.
I stood still, continuing to gaze into his eyes.
I knew he would figure it out soon.
I just waited.

I knew it was worth while...
Somehow he would figure out if he wanted to stay 
with me or go on his way and never come back...

I still waited for my knight in shining armor...
I knew that Damion could only provide so much.
He was unreliable, but he did love me, so I stayed with him.

My soul mate was awaiting me in my dreams though... 
He was the only one who truly kept me alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment