Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lies Hurt More Than The Truth

Once more I find myself remembering my teenage years where I spent my
time wondering when I would ever be truly happy. I remember how alone I was...
When Damion left me there standing underneath an old construction site,
my heart was racing from all the fears of being alone and feeling unwanted.
The person I trusted had lied to my face so many times, I could not bare to
think of what lied beneath it all. I wanted to just be happy.

I wrote to him another night and left it for him in the junkyard.

I knew he would be there soon enough
 as he regularly visited there to get away for awhile.
He had seen my note as I had wished.

I waited for a few days until he finally showed up
 at the back of the building that I mentioned.
The afternoon that he came to meet me, I stood still with anxiety.
Thoughts raced through my head as his footsteps grew louder and he 
slowly approached me as the light began to fade.

I turned to him as he looked down upon the ground and took a deep breath.

His eyes looked heavy as if filled with guilt or shame. He knew what I had to say.
I had told him the reason why I needed to see him and he was as nervous as a firefly in the rain.

I couldn't come up with anything, but harsh words, so I held my tongue.
I leered at him and waited for him to get the hint that I was very angry with him.

He finally got my hint and said, "Jovi, I am sorry. 
I know I have angered you. I haven't been completely honest with you either. 
I just don't know if the truth is the best thing to tell you right now. 
But you have requested that I start telling you what I know, so I will."

"Okay, so what have you been doing lately? Who is after me?" I asked him.
"Yes,  I know. They are an agency. People who are called Kanis," he replied.
"Okay and what are they? What do they specialize in?" I pushed him to answer further.
"Um, well, they say they work with technology and want to change the path of the future," he said.
Suddenly I looked away. I felt my eyes begin to glow and I felt that tingling
sensation across my body once more. There was a difference in the experience this time.
I could see he was only telling half of the information he knew and I was given insight into 
what this Kanis group was about and who was after me and why. I could not explain it.
How I knew about this I could not say, but my ability was advancing...

Damion continued to speak, "Joviana, your glowing eyes. I know about that as well."
"Oh you do? So tell me about it," I said to him as I looked into his eyes with curiosity.
"You are a human not of this Earth. You have the ability to tell what is happening when
and before it happens. Do you know anything about yourself?" he quietly asked me.

"Yea, of course I do," I replied.
"Oh, okay, I didn't know," he looked closer into my face.

"So does that help any?" he asked.
"Yea, I guess," I sighed as I stared toward the ground.

"Oh come on gal. I am trying here. I have so much more to tell you, but
I think it's best to take it a bit at a time. I don't want you to get frightened or
obsessed with finding out who you are and sacrificing your identity and whereabouts,"
he said with a confident smile as he tried to cheer me up.

I couldn't force him to tell me more than what he was comfortable with.
I just decided to hug him and let him go on his way for the evening.

He gave me one last look in the eyes and mouthed the words, "I love you."

As I turned away from him, my eyes glowed again and 
thoughts about how he was manipulating me filled my head,
but I kept my thoughts secret and headed back into the woods.

Later that night, he spent his time sitting by the dumpster where we met.
He was trying to write me a letter about what he wasn't able to tell me in person.
He struggled for awhile.

The evening moved on as he was trying to get the words right on the paper.

Finally he was able to get it down on the page.
He told me some of what he knew about his father.

"Dear Jovi,
I am sorry that I didn't tell you this is person, but what I really
wanted to say is that my father was a very secretive man and when I was young
he mentioned something about his secrets to me."
"He told me when I was about eleven years old that he was going to pass along his
business to me some day and that I was to keep it all a secret. He said he had a laboratory
below an old building. If I told anyone about it, he said I would be severely punished.
I was very frightened of him at that point in my life."

"One night, when I was in my teen years and when you were gone away from me,
I followed my father into this mysterious old building in the woods near the back of town.
He was alone and I followed as far behind as I could."

"When I finally caught up to where he had entered into the building,
I saw that he had taken an elevator downstairs. I was filled with fear
and became apprehensive about the whole idea, but I decided to go downstairs."

"When I got out of the elevator, my father was not in sight. I was relieved, but only for a moment...
And then I saw this strange woman with the palest skin I have ever seen. Her eyes glowed a pale yellow. She had bright yellow hair and a strange suit made of tubes and wires that was also yellow.
 I saw a strange pattern on her face that appeared to be that of lightening bolts. I don't know what
more to say of her, but that is what I have seen. I hope you well, see you soon, as always, 
yours,
Damion."

That evening I was exhausted and decided to just go to sleep for the night.
I sat down on a log where I had made my home for awhile.

And as I drifted off to sleep, I started to have a dream...

In the dream, I saw myself and the guy of my dreams.
I was screaming.
He was aiming a gun at someone...
A young boy was in the arms of a man with black hair and a black suit.

"DON'T HURT HIM!" I heard myself scream.

The expression on my face was one that I have never seen before.
I could feel the fear of myself and the terror in my eyes.
That man must have had my child, but why and what was he going to do?

The dream zoomed out.
The angle changed...

I was cowering behind my man as the guy in black sheltered the young boy
in his arms. The scene was growing more and more intense as the night moved on.
It was like slow motion...

As I looked closer in the dream, I saw the man in black even more than before.
It was a familiar face, one who I knew quite well, it was Damion...
He was protecting the same young boy that I had seen in a dream 
a few months before. It was so strange. Damion with red flowing from his eyes
and his expression was completely terrified.

However, I didn't understand why I was yelling at Damion to not hurt the boy.
Why I was with the guy of my dreams and not Damion?
I felt as if Damion had taken away something precious of mine.
I felt hurt. I must have been that boy's mother.
What else would have explained the panic I saw in my eyes?
The dreams kept getting more and more realistic...
Damion was right...
I knew about what happens now and in the future.
But what did the future have in store for me?
Was the same person that I had fallen in love with,
the same person who would betray me?
Will I ever find the one who is for me?
The one who won't leave me?

3 comments:

  1. Excellent chapter! I'm anxious to see who the lady in yellow is and how Damion betrays her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, I loved it. It gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful chapter I loved every bit of it can't wait to see more of the story unfold for her

    ReplyDelete