Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Unbelievably Remarkable - No More Heartbreak

One evening, when the moon was high above the clouds, I watched
as Damion came up from the road after his day away. He seemed
like he had something on his mind that was important.
His steps were exaggerated and his gaze was distant. I couldn't pinpoint 
what he was thinking about, but I waited for him to approach me.

He seemed exhausted when he came to embrace me.
I whispered in his ear, "Come darling let us go lay down for awhile."
"Yes babe, let us," he replied in a faint voice.

We crawled into the one-roomed tent that I had found laying in a trash heap.
It was a clean unused tent that was just big enough for two people.
I was glad to have a place to call my own for awhile.
I was tired as well and we went straight under the blankets.
However, by the time I turned to kiss him good-night, he pulled me under
                                                     the covers and from there 
        the night came to a close 
                       as we basked in
          each others' warmth.


The following morning...
We both got up early to pick the morning dew-covered vegetables
I had planted a month before. The only sounds heard that morning
were the sound of fresh fruits being snapped off of their stems.

When we were finished with our harvesting, 
we stood up and listened to the birds quietly chirping
 and the silence of the wind blowing gently against our skin.

Damion pulled me close to him and he put his hand around the back 
of my neck as I wrapped my arms around his back. He looked into my eyes
with such an intense gaze. I could feel his anxieties and thoughts racing inside.
He was frustrated with something, but he couldn't say what. 
He lacked the words to tell me what was bothering him. 
I was so confused. I didn't know if I was to speak
or just let him be and wait patiently. 

"Darling, I love you, but something isn't right with my soul," he said,
"But don't get me wrong, it's all my fault, I can't keep my head together.
I am stressed and have a lot of things on my mind. Father's business is 
failing and I am still trying to stay by your side. I won't have much money
to support us if I don't go back and try and fix the business."

I stared into his eyes as he continued to talk. "I promise I will
stay here for now. You are my reason for living, but I can't drop everything
and leave you with no chance of having money to give you a good life," he continued.

I just stood there smiling. I knew he was doing what he had to. If he just gave up on his
job and didn't take care of the business he was given, he'd run out of money and never
be able to live with himself. He grew up with money. His lifestyle was money.
I wasn't going to force him to give up his life just for me. I was just fine living
how I was, even if it meant I'd probably be alone forever. He had already sacrificed
his life for me by what he had done before to his father. It was destined to happen
and at that point in my life I was already willing to accept the fates and what was suppose
to happen. It's not like I wanted this, but things happen for a reason.

Suddenly I felt faint and my stomach started to hurt badly.
I stepped away from Damion and took a deep breath.
He asked me if I was okay, but I didn't answer him...

Instead I just threw up...
Damion just stood there like a wimp...
I spilled my guts and dry heaved in pain.

Damion told me to sit down for awhile and take it easy.
He started to fish in the pond and I sat back on a wood log.

I eventually fell asleep...

But I awoke to an upset stomach and started to throw up again...
The pain was overwhelming. I didn't understand why I was suddenly feeling
ill. I had never been sick before like this. I must have eaten something
that made me sick or I had a stomach virus.

The evening had arrived sooner than I had expected and I started a small
fire in an outdoor grill we had scavenged for. I thought by the time the fire
was up, Damion would have some food for us to eat. I was extremely hungry
after having lost all my lunch earlier in the day.

I sat down by the fire and started to roast a head of lettuce as I waited
for Damion to bring the fresh fish to the fireside.

We both roasted our dinner and watched the fire dance against our
food. The flames produced a warmth that made me feel like I was at
home again. I love the feel of a toasty warm fire against my skin...

After we finished our food, we sat by the fire and watched the sun 
set behind the mountains until the fire up itself out.

We decided to head to bed early because we were both tired and
there wasn't anything else to do.

Later that evening, Damion woke up 
suddenly to his cellphone going off...
I didn't even know he had a cellphone and was in quite a shock
when it woke us up. He quickly read the text message he had received.
He told me to get dressed and step outside in front of the tent. He wanted
to talk to me about something. I asked why not just talk about it in the tent.
He said he couldn't talk to me about it in the dark and wanted to see my face.
We both got dressed and I started to become nervous about the whole
situation. He looked at me and held my hands as I anxiously smiled at him.

He held me close to him and said, "I'm sorry Joviana. I have to leave you...
I don't want to, but I got message that the business is close to going
bankrupt. I wanted to stay. I really did. I hope you won't be mad.
I promise I will return to you here when I have more money. Will you wait?"

I stared sadly at the ground as his cellphone continued to ring and 
make noise. He stared at the phone and silenced it. I took a deep
breath and said, "I don't know if I will wait for you. But you know where
to find me. Come back if you want to, just don't expect me to take you back.
I am kinda tired of waiting for you. If I am not here, I'll always be in the woods.
Just remember, I will always love you. I won't forget you. Okay?"

He kept staring at his phone and acted like he didn't care what I had said.
I was slightly disappointed and angry that he was treating me like this.
I wasn't really surprised, but I didn't like how this was going.
"Fine, I see that you don't seem to care," I stated in anger.
"Don't get me wrong, I heard you, I just don't know what to say," he replied.
"Oh really? You never seem to know what to say," I said as I leered at him.
"As you said, I know where to find you and I will," he stated.
He picked up his phone and listened to a voicemail.
I waited until he was done fiddling with his phone.

"I must go. Take care," he said with an emotionless face.
"Take care," I said in almost a whisper as I tried not to cry.

I watched as he walked into the distance.
He kept on walking without looking back.
He seemed to be hiding everything inside.
Acting emotional would only make things worse.

However, when he was gone, I broke down in tears once again.
I was just so overwhelmed with emotions and grief that I started
to sob uncontrollably. I couldn't keep myself together anymore.

No matter how much I tried to stay strong, I was just so torn apart
and lonely that I couldn't stop crying. I prayed that something would 
happen and I wouldn't have to be alone anymore.

As I finished crying,
I wiped my tears away.

The minute I opened my eyes after wiping my eyes, I saw him...
He stood before me in the moonlight. I couldn't believe it.
My soul mate finally had arrived, but how?!
I didn't know, but my prayers were answered.
And as suddenly as he showed up, I heard his name.

Flynn.

Unbelievable...
Remarkable...
A miracle...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that she finally got to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yay, hes there for her. I cant wait to find out how he came to find her and where hes from. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it cant wait for the next one

    ReplyDelete