Sunday, November 27, 2011

When Nightmares Come True

One chilly quiet evening just after the moon had risen above the mountains, cold shivers traveled down my spine and shook my body into an instant chill. Flynn was already deeply worried about me that morning because he knew what was going to happen. He was a dreamer and could see through the dreams and into the future.
  It was on a night quite like this one that happened in a dream I had had months before. He knew every detail about the dream and was prepared for what was to happen, but he was worried that I was going to be in trouble. He wanted to make sure I was prepared for whatever happened. I told him not to worry because with him there, nothing could go wrong. I may have been overconfident of everything, but this wasn't anything strange coming from someone so young.
 We stood outside on the front porch and waited for the time to pass as the cool breeze blew against our skin. Bumps formed on our skin as we shivered in the crisp autumn air. Flynn wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, trying to keep me warm. He kissed me on the cheek and squeezed my sides a little.
 I turned away as I sighed and looked toward the pitch black road in front of the house. I was afraid and nervous. Flynn looked at me, then he took my hand and placed it on my heart.

He spoke softly, "Listen to your heart beat. It's running fast. Take a deep breath and calm down."
 As I took a deep sigh and tried to calm down, Flynn wrapped his arms around me and stayed closely behind my back. We stood still in the silence of the night as the bats chirped in the distance and wind blew through the weak willow branches. I could feel his energy pulsing through mine. We were connected together and I could feel our hearts beating in sync. Unfortunately, that peace didn't last long...
 Damion showed up, as expected from the dream, unannounced and dressed in the same clothing that he was in months before when I had last seen him.
 Damion stood in silence, awaiting my presence. Flynn signaled me to stay behind him for a moment and stood in front of me with his hand on his hip. Flynn cleared his throat and began to speak,

"Hello. How can we help you? Do you need something?" Flynn asked Damion in a stern voice.

Damion finally broke his silence and said, "I'm here to speak to her."

I sighed and stood up straight as I began my descent down the stairs.
 It took me a moment before I could get myself to actually go talk to him. I hadn't forgiven Damion for what he had done and I didn't want to leave Flynn's side, but I knew I had to do this. Flynn looked toward me and whispered for me to be strong. I took another deep breath.
 I slowly walked down the stairs as I tried not to hesitate.
"Damion what do you want? Why have you come back?" I asked him.

"You told me that if I wanted to find you, I could. I have been looking for you, but I see you don't need me!" he began to shout.

"Excuse me, I told you that I might not take you back. It's not like you tried to take care of me! You have been gone months!" I said sternly.

"I can't believe you already have another guy! I didn't even, nor ever have taken someone else over you! You are such a lousy woman!" he replied. I could sense he was beginning to grow more angry.

"Oh come on! You can't pull this crap on me right now. Look I am well taken care of now and happy. You never left me with anything, but myself. You need to just accept it! I am 18 years old now and as a grown woman, I can take care of myself now!" I stated.

"Fine, take care of yourself, but just remember, I won't be your back-up guy!" he replied.
 "Oh don't worry I won't be looking to you, ever... but oh, I have one more thing to tell you... I am pregnant," I said as I looked toward my stomach.

 "What-t-t?! YOU SLUT! Can't believe you'd go and get pregnant so soon! Geez! ARE you telling me because you think I'm the father?" he said as he began furious and lashed out at me.

Flynn stayed back because he knew I had to deal with this, plus it was all in the dream. And if anything happened, he was right there and would jump down and protect me.
 "JOVIANA! Well, am I the father? How far along are you?" Damion yelled.

"I don't know! A few months! It could be either of you!" I screamed.

"Ugh!" Damion shouted.
 Damion paused for a moment before he stopped freaking out and put his hands down. I was scared for my life, but kept myself together. I hoped that he wouldn't hurt me...
 He just looked at me in the eyes and then before walking away, he said, "Whatever, good luck."
And he was gone, probably for good. Flynn and I didn't need him to come around anyway...
I was disappointed and slightly heartbroken because I had to go through with a situation like that...
I never wanted to hurt Damion in such a way, but sometimes, things go the way we least expect them...

4 comments:

  1. Flynn has more self-control than my man would have! I hope he is the father and not Damion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read every chapter since last night (Such a book worm i know) And let me tell you... THIS IS THE BEST SIM STORY I HAVE EVER READ!!!! I love this story. Hope to see another chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am glad to see people love it :) MORE to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started reading, and I love this story! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    http://nickelsims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete